The Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Leadership offers a comprehensive, interdisciplinary curriculum which prepares students to assume an advanced leadership role in their current or future organization. Student develop and articulate a personal leadership approach and philosophy through courses designed to analyze and evaluate leadership practices, philosophies, and theories through application of each to real-world situations.
- Develop and articulate a personal leadership approach/philosophy applicable to leading an organization.
- Effectively communicate in oral and written forms within organizational settings.
- Evaluate the ethical implications of leadership decisions and strategies in organizations.
- Analyze strategies and frameworks used by leaders to initiate change in organizations.
- Apply leadership theories to decision-making in organizations.
- Analyze leadership within diverse organizational cultures within the institutional and global environment.
Experiences & Opportunities
- Sigma Beta Delta- International Honor Society for Business Management and Administration for students with high academic achievement
- Work one-on-one with faculty
- Credentialed faculty members
- Emphasis on project-based learning
- Internship assistance
- Human Resources
- Civic Organizations
- Training and Development
- Management and Leadership
- Nonprofit Organizations
Organizational Leadership (60 hours) (Must earn a minimum 2.5 GPA)
Lower Level Org. Leadership Foundation Courses (12 hours): Each of the following:
- BUS 205 Principles of Management
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 204 Social Psychology
- SOC 206 Minority Relations
Upper Level Org. Leadership Foundation Courses (24 hours): Each of the following:
- BUS 314 Human Resources Management
- CMN 302 Techniques of Persuasion
- CRT 301 Critical Thinking
- ECO 302 Current Economic Issues
- ENG 302 Professional Writing
- PHL 302 Values and Choices
- PHL 303 Contemporary Philosophy and Politics
- SOC 306 Sociology of Social Institutions
Organizational Leadership Core Courses (21 hours): Each of the following:
- ORL 201 Foundations of Leadership
- BUS 316 Workforce Diversity
- BUS 318 Organizational Behavior and Theory
- BUS 412 Organizational Leadership
- CMN 310 Conflict Management
- HIS 301 Studies in Leadership
- ORL 401 Strategic Organizational Development and Change
Senior Coursework (3 hours):
- ORL 495 Advanced Leadership Philosophy & Practice