The Bachelor of Arts in Radio, Television and New Media gives students hands-on experience producing video, audio and interactive multimedia. The degree is incorporated into a liberal arts based program of study and allows students to follow a path of “theory to practice”. Students operate WLNX FM radio station and LCTV, Channel 5 , the City of Lincoln’s education and government channel.
- Create professional content for radio, television and multimedia platforms.
- Communicate in a manner consistent with professional media standards.
- Employ proficiency in modern media technology skills in radio, television, and digital media.
Why Study This Program?
Working in state of the art modern studios of WLNX-FM 88.9 and LCTV Channel 5, students acquire skills that will make them more marketable in today’s changing media landscape.
Experience & Opportunities
- Hands-on experience during first year
- On campus radio and television studios operated by students
- Internships (internal and external)
- On Air Performance
- Programming and Management
- Audio and Visual Production
- Digital Media Creation
- Public Relations
- Media Management and Sales
- Advertising and Promotions
- Radio, Television and Multimedia Journalism
CMN 227 Audio Production
CMN 247 Video Production I
CMN 305 Interactive Multimedia
CMN 332 Electronic Media Journalism
CMN 335 Media Management and Sales
CMN 448 Video Field Production
Marketing and Advertising
What Our Students Say
The initial draw to the program was being a Lincoln native and also a fan of the College Radio Station 89X. Coming into the school and realizing that by my third day I would be Live On-Air, on that same station, was mind-blowing. I’ve been able to be apart of afternoon radio shifts, morning drive radio, and now an active member in the College Tv Station, LCTV. Being able to have hands on experience, starting the first day, has helped in my search for internships and future employment. I’m as excited now (for the next 2 years) as I was coming into the program the first day.